Train the Orange Expert
The trainee programme for a successful start into a professional career.
Each spring and autumn, Gebrüder Weiss Vienna, located in Maria Lanzendorf, offers up to three young people the opportunity to participate in a trainee programme. The programme invites for a solid start into their professional life.
HAK, HBLA or HTL graduates (with a fulfilled military or civil service) are invited to join the programme and enjoy a solid start into their professional life. The one-year training programme is based on the following principles:
- "Learning on the job": through job rotation, the trainee is introduced to a variety of processes as well as departments within the assigned area.
- A mentor is assigned to each trainee. The mentor will provide advice during the traineeship.
- Regular feedback conversations are held with the personnel development.
- During the course of the year, regular one-day workshops take place, during which freight forwarding matters are discussed in theory.
After concluding the training, a future field of function is decided on together with the trainee with regards to the discovered strengths and interests.
The benefits of the trainee programme:
- A dual system of theory and practice
- Umbrella tasks are better understood because of job rotation
- Specialisation only follows during the course of training – not before
- “Gentle induction" into professional life that is accompanied by a personal mentor
- Networking is welcomed and supported.